- Our article “Linking OpenStreetMap with knowledge graphs – Link discovery for schema-agnostic volunteered geographic information” by Nicolas Tempelmeier, and Elena Demidova has been published by Future Generation Computer Systems, 116 (2021) 349-364. Elsevier.
- The “Data Science and Intelligent Systems” research group lead by Professor Elena Demidova at the Computer Science Institute of the University of Bonn, Germany is looking for: several Research Scientists (Ph.D. / PostDoc) in the field of data science, machine learning, data mining, spatial-temporal data analysis and semantic technologies. [Read more]
- Our special issue on Event-centric Open Analytics in the Semantic Web Journal is open for submissions
- Our demo paper “TA-Dash: An Interactive Dashboard for Spatial-Temporal Traffic Analytics” by Nicolas Tempelmeier, Anzumana Sander, Udo Feuerhake, Martin Löhdefink, and Elena Demidova has been accepted for presentation at ACM SIGSPATIAL 2020. Demo system is available at: http://ta-dash.l3s.uni-hannover.de
- Our paper “Event-QA: A Dataset for Event-Centric Question Answering over Knowledge Graphs” by Tarcísio Souza Costa, Simon Gottschalk and Elena Demidova has been accepted at CIKM 2020.
- Our article “IQA: Interactive Query Construction in Semantic Question Answering Systems” by Hamid Zafar, Mohnish Dubey, Jens Lehmann and Elena Demidova is accepted by Journal of Web Semantics. [URL]
- Proceedings of the Cleopatra workshop – The 1st International Workshop on Cross-lingual Event-centric Open Analytics – are available in CEUR.
- Our demo paper “EventKG+BT: Generation of Interactive Biography Timelines from a Knowledge Graph” by Simon Gottschalk and Elena Demidova has been accepted by the ESWC 2020 conference.
- We are happy to announce accepted papers of the Cleopatra workshop we organize at the ESWC 2020.
- EventKG V3.0 has been released.
- PROFILES 2020 – The 7th International Workshop on Dataset PROFILing and Search – is open for submissions
- Three Ph.D. research positions are open in the context of several projects (Simple-ML, WorldKG, CampaNeo, d-E-mand, and smashHit) at the L3S Research Center
- Symposium Intelligente Mobilität
20. February 2020 12:30 – 18:30 Uhr in Leibnizhaus Hannover
- Our proposal for The 1st International Workshop on Cross-lingual Event-centric Open Analytics has been accepted to be included in the program of ESWC 2020
- Proceedings of PROFILES 2019 – The 6th International Workshop on Dataset PROFlLing and Search at ISWC 2019 – are available online: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2465/
- Our EU H2020 project proposal “smashHit: Smart Dispatcher for Secure and Controlled Sharing of Distributed Personal and Industrial Data” was accepted by the EU.
- Our article “Crosstown Traffic – Supervised Prediction of Event Impact on Urban Traffic” is invited for presentation at the 16th International Symposium on Spatial and Temporal Databases (SSTD’19) in Vienna in August 2019. [pdf]
- 15.07.19-16.07.19 Kick-Off workshop of the Cleopatra ITN in Hannover.
- 04.07.19-05.07.19 Kick-Off meeting of the CampaNeo project in Hannover.
- Our paper “HapPenIng: Happen, Predict, Infer — Event Series Completion in a Knowledge Graph” by Simon Gottschalk and Elena Demidova has been accepted by the ISWC conference. [pdf]
- Our paper “Simple-ML: Towards a Framework for Semantic Data Analytics Workflows” by Simon Gottschalk, Nicolas Tempelmeier, Günter Kniesel, Vasileios Iosifidis, Besnik Fetahu, and Elena Demidova has been accepted by the Semantics conference.
- Our project proposal d-E-mand is accepted at the 1st stage of the “Förderwettbewerb IKT für Elektromobilität”, BMWi (German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy). The project starts in January 2020.
- Our article “Crosstown Traffic – Supervised Prediction of Event Impact on Urban Traffic” by Nicolas Tempelmeier, Stefan Dietze and Elena Demidova has been accepted for publication in GeoInformatica, An International Journal on Advances of Computer Science for Geographic Information Systems, Springer. [pdf]
- EventKG V2.0 released. EventKG: A Multilingual Event-Centric Temporal Knowledge Graph.
- Our book proposal “The past web: exploring web archives” by Daniel Gomes, Elena Demidova, Jane Winters, Thomas Risse (Eds.) was accepted by Springer.
- Our article “EventKG – the Hub of Event Knowledge on the Web – and Biographical Timeline Generation” by Simon Gottschalk and Elena Demidova is accepted by the Semantic Web Journal! [pdf]
- The 6th edition of the PROFILES Workshop is accepted at ISWC 2019!
- We are hiring 2 PhD students in the Cleopatra ITN! Apply Now: Two Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researchers (Ph.D. Research Positions)
- Our project proposal CampaNeo is accepted at the 1st stage of the „Smarte Datenwirtschaft- Technologiewettbewerb mit den Schwerpunkten Künstliche Intelligenz, Semantik, Souveränität“, BMWi (German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy).
- Release of the Event-QA dataset – A Dataset for Complex Event-Centric Question Answering: http://eventcqa.l3s.uni-hannover.de/
- Special Issue on Quality Assessment of Knowledge Graphs of the ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality is open for submissions. Guest editors: Anisa Rula, Elena Simperl, Amrapali Zaveri, Elena Demidova Submission deadline: 3 March 2019
Call for papers
- The article “Towards Extracting Event-Centric Collections from Web Archives” by Gerhard Gossen, Thomas Risse, and Elena Demidova is accepted for publication in International Journal on Digital Libraries. [pre-print] published version (to appear)
- The paper “Can Children Teach AI? Towards Expressive Human-AI Dialogs” by Elena Demidova was presented in the BlueSky Track of the International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2018) [pdf]
- Selected papers of the ISWC 2018 Satellite Events are now available in E. Demidova, A.J. Zaveri, E. Simperl (Eds.) Emerging Topics in Semantic Technologies. ISWC 2018 Satellite Events. AKA Verlag Berlin, 2018, ISBN: 978-3-89838-736-1. [URL]