Research Group Leader
L3S Research Center, Hannover, Germany
L3S Research Center
e-mail: demidova at l3s dot de
phone: +49 511 762 17776
- 01.2017 – Research Group Leader (from 08.2018), Senior Researcher, Project Coordinator, L3S Research Center, Hannover, Germany.
- 01.2016 – 12.2016 Senior Research Fellow, WAIS Group, ECS, University of Southampton, UK.
- 06.2006 – 12.2015 Post-Doc researcher (02.2013 – 12.2015), Project leader (01.2014 – 12.2014), Research fellow, PhD student (06.2006-01.2013). L3S Research Center and Institute of Distributed Systems, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany.
- 12.2003 – 12.2005 Research / student assistant. University of Osnabrück, Germany. CASHMERE-int project.
- 09.2002 – 08.2003 Intern in software development. MPDV Mikrolab GmbH, Mosbach, Germany. Development of data mining software.
- 12.2000 – 08.2002 Student assistant. Osnabrück University of Applied Science, Germany. Development of software for mathematical analysis.
- 04.2017 Fellow of The Higher Education Academy, UK.
- 01.2013 PhD in Computer Science (Dr. rer. nat.) Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany. Grade “very good”. PhD Thesis: “Usability and Expressiveness in Database Keyword Search: Bridging the Gap”. [pdf] [TIB catalogue]
- 03.2006 M.Sc. in Information Engineering, University of Osnabrück, Germany and University of Twente, The Netherlands. Grade “very good”.
- 06.2003 Computer Science Engineer (Media Informatics, Dipl.-Inf. (FH)) German grade: 1.58 (in the top 30% of the year). Osnabrück University of Applied Science, Germany.
- Russian: mother tongue
- German: business fluent
- English: business fluent
- Spanish: basic knowledge
Memberships in professional organisations
- ACM – Association for Computing Machinery (from 2016)
- GI – German Association for Informatics (2014 – 2015)
- Workshop & Tutorial co-chair, International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC) 2018.
- Advisory Board Member of the WDAqua ITN from 2017.
- Member of the W3C Natural Language Interfaces for the Web of Data Community Group.
- Main organizer of the PROFILES workshop series: International Workshop on Dataset PROFIling and fEderated Search for Web Data.
- Guest editor for The International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS), Special Issue on Dataset Profiling and Federated Search for Linked Data, 12(3), 2016.
- Journal Reviewing
- Knowledge and Information Systems (Springer)
- Semantic Web Journal (IOS Press)
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- Distributed and Parallel Databases (Springer)
- International Journal on Digital Libraries (Springer)
- Journal of Computer and System Sciences (Elsevier)
- Natural Language Engineering (Cambridge Journals)
- Transactions on Computational Collective Intelligence (LNCS Springer)
- Programme Committees
- The Web Conference (WWW), 2019
- The Web Conference (WWW), 2018
- International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), 2016-2018
- International Conference on Semantic Systems (SEMANTiCS), 2017, 2018
- ACM Web Science Conference (ACM WebSci), Poster Track, 2017
- International KEYSTONE Conference (IKC), 2017
- International Conference on Semantic Systems, Posters & Demos, (SEMANTiCS), 2016
- QALD Challenge 2017, Question Answering over Linked Data (QALD-7), ESWC 2017
- Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2015-2016
- International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web (KESW), 2015-2016
- International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence (PReMI), 2015
- ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2013
Best demo award, 14th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2009).
Acquired Project Funding
- Cleopatra, 2019-2022. Cross-lingual Event-centric Open Analytics Research Academy. Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (ITN). EU H2020. PI.
- Simple-ML, 2018-2021. “Big Data Machine Learning Workflows leicht gemacht”. Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany. PI.
- Data4UrbanMobility, 2017-2020. Data Driven Mobility Services for the City of the Future. Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany. PI.
- QROWD, 2016–2019. Crowdsourcing Big Data. EU H2020. Proposal coordination.
- KEYSTONE COST Action, 2013-2017. Semantic Search in Structured Data. COST EU. Co-PI.
Networking and Travel Grants
- Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) “Interlingual Information Extraction in Temporal Web Collections”, ISST Laboratory, ITMO University, St. Petersburg, Russia, March 2017.
- ACM SIGIR Travel grant, 2010.